Did you know that only 72% of students actually revise when it comes to their GCSE exams? That leaves 28% unprepared students taking an exam which could possibly predict their future. Could this be to a lack of support? Or is it the fact that students don’t have a clue what to do when it comes to revision? This article is about tips and ways to revise when it comes to these dreaded exams.
Tip 1: Make a plan.
Create a timetable and set a day for each subject but be sure to give yourself a hard earned break in-between, such as taking a 5 minute walk.
Tip 2:Understand, don’t memorise.
You’re more likely to be successful by understanding a subject than just trying to learn something new and not understanding it at all.
Tip 3: Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Ask a teacher or a close friend to test you on questions about the subject.
Tip 4: Stay focused and avoid revision the night before.
Revising the night before can stress you out, relax and get a good nights sleep. focus on the parts you know on the exam day, not the ones you don’t.
Tip 5: Get rid of all distractions.
Put down your phone and step away from your Xbox because these will not help you when it comes to your exams. Get comfy and revise whichever subject you feel you want to revise.
This month in school we have been taking part in a spelling bee competition. We have been doing it so that 3 people out of each year group can go to London to compete against other schools in the ARK Schools National Spelling Bee competition!
I loved taking part in the spelling bee competition because I like to spell hard words and compete against other people. I found the word circumstantial hard but I got it in the end.
Sadly, I was not selected for the ARK Kings team that will be travelling to Evelyn Grace Academy in London this Thursday for the National Spelling Bee competition. I hope they do well at the competition and I get the chance to compete in future competitions.
Mr Bagley, Ryan, Hayleigh, Cameron, Byron and our Principal Mr PuntonOne of our new arrivals
The 28th February was the day when the chicks arrived at our school. There were 9 chick eggs and only 7 of them eventually hatched. The first chick hatched on the 3rd March and that chick was a girl called Thunder because it is loud and stubborn. The last one was called Lightening because is can run fast and gets along with Thunder. Nurture at ARK Kings Academy was very welcoming to the new arrivals and the school has been welcoming too. There is one boy that called his chick his son and has named it Redwing.
All of the chicks have got different things about them that we love. But what we love about them most is that they are all different and we can tell which one is ours because they know who we are. Hopefully one of our teachers will take some of the chicks home. If they do, then we will know that they are going to a good home and they will be looked after in the future. The chicks will be going to the farm on 13th March. Hopefully Mr Horner will take them home because he is a good person to look after the chicks and chickens.
The school will be sad to see them leave but we wish them all the best.
Our Thai Boxing team preparing for combat Ryan demonstrating his skills
Thai boxing is an after school club that teaches you about self-defence. Miss Redhead is the teacher that is in charge of this club and many students take part every Thursday. Thai boxing is traditional martial art in which the fists, elbows, knees, and bare feet may all be used to deliver blows.
This term, Miss Drayton and Ms Thompson set us a homework project which was to research medieval castles. We were really excited to build and design our own castles. Here are a few examples of how we brought our castles to life.
Another Daniel production
Ryan, Byron and Cameron working together on the castle project
My name is Lois. I like to play with my friends when it is not raining. I also like being with my family. My favourite food is sausage rolls and after that a cookie. I also like sweets and I mean I like sweets a lot. I am 12 years old and I was born 30th November 2001 and I am the youngest of 5.